Monday, July 14, 2014

PiYo- week 1



Hello everyone! I made it through the first week of PiYo with a lot of 'snap, crackle and pops' from my joints. I came across this program when a friend mentioned it on her Facebook page. (Side note: I have yet to meet her, we both are Military Spouses so by default we can share common interests and become friends at a rapid rate.) She is a Beachbody coach and also big into fitness, eating healthy and clean while taking all sorts of life obstacles into consideration during the process. Now I have quite a collection of workout dvd's as well as a mini gym in our basement so I really have ZERO excuse-except I haven't found a program that really sticks with me besides Pilates and recently yoga. The local yoga studio has both classes and I love it, but the schedule is hard to keep as well as a membership commitment due to our lifestyle (not to mention the price that comes with it). When Lauren told me about PiYo, which is a combination of both workouts, I was intrigued! After the first week I have come to the conclusion that I need to work on my flexibility. Luckily this program works on your flexibility along with strength training with your own body weight. We were instructed to take measurements along with weighing ourselves. I haven't seen any difference yet in my body, but I have noticed a difference in my muscles getting less tense. I know everything takes time and this challenge is 60 days.  Lauren has been running an accountability group following the schedule as well as the meal plan that is with the program. Sticking to the meal plan has been a little difficult since I have to take John and Kaden into consideration but I'm making it work and they get to eat healthy foods, so it seems to be a win-win for all of us! I finished my workout earlier during nap time and I'm expecting to feel some sore muscles tomorrow which is a great feeling to me. I'll keep you all updated as the workout schedule continues-

xox